Selected projects for media research internships
The second round of media research internships on The Hoot got 29 entries.
These are the selected projects.
There was only one television proposal, which ultimately did not qualify.
Student projects selected, in no particular order:
1. Samata Kumar Joshi, IIMC, Dhenkanal
Project:A survey of 100 journalists in Orissa to see how they use Twitter.
2. Anurag Mazumdar, Centre for Media and Cultural Studies at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
Project:Part A - studied Comparative coverage of Anna Hazare’s fast in two newspapers and two websites. Part B – Survey of people under 30 to see how they use the print and online medium.
3. Pawan Atri, University School of Mass Communication, Guru Gobind Singh IP University
Project: Sports Coverage in Indian Print Media
4. Md. Adil Hossain, Aligarh Muslim University
Project: Reporting the Zakia Jafri case and Modi's Sadbhavana mission fast in three mainline dailies and a website.
5. Lalramliana Varte, Mizoram University.
Project: Which news hits front pages of Mizo dailies?
6. Tahmeena Kolar, Karnataka State Women’s Univeristy
Project: An evaluation study on relevance of radio for promoting and
popularising organic farming in Bijapur district of Karnataka state
7. Rakhi Chakraborty, Christ University, Bangalore.
Project: Veni Vidi Didi- How Mamata conquered the media. Study of English dailies in Kolkata.
8. Neha Bhandarkar, IIMC Dhenkanal
Project: Analyzing the amount of coverage given to “Child Development” in the English newspapers published in the state of Orissa.
9. Petula Dias, St Aloysius College, Mangalore
Study of environmental coverage in the Local English website www.daijiworld.com, the oldest website in Mangalore.
10. Neha Mujumdar, Asian College of Journalism, Chennai.
Project: Studying local protest coverage across English newspapers
One Prospective PhD candidate's project was also selected:
Atman Desai, Divs Academy-A Study Center of Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education.
Project: A study of small newspapers of Surendranagar district, Gujarat.